511 provides free, up-to-the-minute departure times for the transit agencies included in the lookup tool below.
Use 511 to find out when your bus or train will depart. Other Bay Area transit agencies, including ferries,
will be added in the future. Departure times are currently available by calling 511 or registering for MY 511.
On the Phone
- Call and say "Departure Times."
- Enter your Stop ID number, which you can find using the lookup tool below.
On MY 511
- 511 will respond with departure times for up to three buses or trains for each route that serves your stop.
- If you're out and about and don't know your stop ID, just say, "I don't know" and 511 will assist you.
- If there are no buses or trains departing within 90 minutes, 511 will not provide a prediction.
- Remember to ask for "help" at any time if you need it.
MY 511 is a free, personalized service for the web and phone that allows you to build your own transit information home
page or bypass phone menu options to get to your customized trip information even FASTER.
- To start, register at MY511.org.
- During registration, you can sign up to receive transit departure times for up to six saved trips. You can also register for text message or e-mail alerts.
- When you need to check a departure time, call 511 and simply say your trip name, OR go to MY511.org to view your personalized home page.
For more information about Departure Times click here
for a list of frequently asked questions.
If you would like to provide feedback about 511 Departure Times, click here
to send your comments. We appreciate your input!